"Percolations" is emailed as a newsletter to the list of Coffee Coaster subscribers. (Normally, this newsletter-ette is sent Wednesday night or Thursday mid-day.) Percolations usually begins with the movie review for the weekend, then opens a brief general whassup section. — bw
Advisory: Starting 3/15/12, The Coffee Coaster site is being transitioned to a more functional and more user friendly Wordpress template. Please be patient for the next few months as the system will be hybrid during that time. [The new format facilitates reader comments, and I sincerely solicit any responses to any columns or reviews using the simplified interface. Thanks.] — bw
|Movie Review for the Weekend
Excerpt of Review
Cross between Bullitt and Sin City ___ 9/10
Drive sneaks up on you, rather rolls right past. [I watched the DVD twice, on successive nights.] It’s fast paced, starting with an enigmatic ‘man-with-no-name’ sort of fellow simply known for what he does. He rode into town a few years ago and got a job at a garage run by a man named Shannon (Bryan Cranston). Shannon walks a fine line between legitimacy—providing stunt driving services to the movie industry—and criminality—arranging getaway cars for an underworld breaking and entering crowd. In either case, Driver (Ryan Gosling) is Shannon’s main man, and has extraordinary road skills clearly equal to the best race car drivers in the smaller circuits. Driving is his life.. [Full Review]
Are You Libertarian Enough?
Time to man up for the Freedom Philosophy
For a practical consideration, I’d like to point out that our rulers are constantly asking themselves – or appear to be acting as though they are – the opposing question: “Am I statist enough? Is there any remaining avenue of human life I haven’t worked to subjugate under the authority of my central plan?”
We American libertarians live in a time when the U.S. is at perpetual war, the airports have become dystopian, the prison system is the most populated on earth, the president claims the authority to kill anyone, torture persists, surveillance is unrestrained by the Fourth Amendment, Keynesianism has its grip on the entire establishment, and both political parties push an agenda worse than the one pushed last election cycle. People are jailed for selling milk. Nothing is off limits. [Full Column]
COFFEE COASTER WEEKLY PERKS
"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
— Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- Solutions: Groundswell in movement to label GMO foods: Coinciding with a bill in the Connecticut legislature (HR 5117), to require the labeling of genetically-engineered foods, the Ledyard farmer's market will lead by example by proudly labeling there organic produce as GMO-Free.
Also, more than one million Americans have signed a petition calling on the FDA to label GMO foods.
The use of GMOs has grown enormously in the United States, though
50 other countries have already severely limited or banned GMOs.
- States, not courts, will stop Obamacare: All eyes turned toward the Supreme Court this week, as justices began hearing arguments on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. But is the SCOTUS the final chance for health care opponents? “No!” say Nullify Now! organizers. The states can and will stop mandates, indefinite detention, and more....
- Nightmare cybersecurity bill: All censorship, no privacy: H.R. 3523 or the 'Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act'
(CISPA for short) is a bill being considered by Congress that could basically destroy First Amendment and Fourth Amendment Rights on the world wide web under the guise of 'security', which you ain't gonna get.
I figure that since you're reading this online right now, you might want to know that the latest and greatest threat to Internet freedom is very close to being realized.
- Surprise: Antibiotics may be contributing to the obesity epidemic:
Microbiologists at New York University have published a new study that says the overprescribing of antibiotics could be making us fat! Researchers fed infant mice low doses of penicillin; after 30 weeks, penicillin-fed mice were between 10 and 15 per cent bigger and twice as fat as drug-free mice. Story from Alliance for Natural Health.
- Lying the world into wars: In 2002, recently declassified documents demonstrated that the Gulf of Tonkin incident of 1964 never happened.
We went to war in Vietnam.
In 1990 they told us that Iraqi soldiers were tossing babies out of incubators. It was a hoax, a LIE.
We launched Operation Desert Storm.
This video lists a good many more, how many manufactured hostilities can you name?
- The best short video on the Web: Vote for Dr. No. (Here's an oldie but a bestie, I'm keeping this in Perkville until RP is elected president.) In just two minutes...
In case anyone needs a reminder of
what an epic train wreck Bush-Bama has been
for the nation, here' a short video that sums it all up.
It happens to have been made by a
Ron Paul supporter. Ron Paul has faults, but his election would be revolutionary.
- Top government expert reveals Osama-9/11 Truth:Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under three different Presidents still working with the Defense Department, has told Alex Jones that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001 and that he was prepared to testify in front of a grand jury how a top general told him directly that 9/11 was a false flag inside job.
- Update: Fully loaded DHS preparing for mass civil unrest: Recently, the Department of Homeland Security placed an order for 450 million rounds of hollow-point .40 caliber ammunition in addition to quantities of rifle ammunition.
At the time of THAT post there was really nothing in the way of videos on the subject, but here we are a few days later and it is now being discussed in the news.
Here's how that discussion is going...
- How fiat money strangles the world: A staple of Perkdom. This is a lovely video that everyone must see and resee. Where the rich get richer and the poor get angry. Watch this fab little video, and share it with as many as you can, because it's the way things work. It also tells us exactly what we need to do to fix the global problem. Personally, I'm ready for my $30K reparations check from the banksters.
- Pat Robertson and other media celebs condemn Incarceration Nation: The New York Times is reporting on evangelical leader Pat Robertson's comments on the rate of the incarceration in this country due to the bogus War on Drugs.
Fareed Zakaria of CNN did a piece 'Incarceration Nation', in which he agrees with Robertson that the War on Drugs is wrong headed.
The United States makes up 5% of the world's population, but has 25% of the world's prisoners. Incarceration Nation indeed.
"The day we see the truth and decline to speak is the day we begin to die."
— Martin Luther King
Very Special Brasscheck TV broadcast: In conjunction with Prison Planet, Russell Means is featured in a 1:30 long presentation entitled "Russell Means: Welcome to the Reservation." What the Oligarchy is doing to us is what it's been doing to the American Indians from the beginning! I have never seen as thorough and incisive an analysis of what ails human society--particularly America--nor a judgment of what we need to do. Starting by enforcing the Constitution and taking away privileges of the money power. ABSOLUTELY A BLOCKBUSTER! If anyone knows how to get the DVD, please, please send me a note.
Russell is in the news from INN (Infowars Nightly News) again, and he has been suffering from health issues—tho latests news is the cancer seems to have been defeated, hooray! Please contribute through the referenced site or through this PayPal link shown as follows:
|Continuing War Crimes Perk
UN calls on Obama to Investigate and
Prosecute U.S. Torture Charges
Wikileaks Documents Prove Torture,
Abuse and Criminal Acts Were Systematic
In the wake of the release of 400,000 documents by Wikileaks, the United Nations has called on U.S. President Barack Obama to order a full investigation of crimes committed against the Iraqi people following the invasion and occupation that was directed by George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.
UN special rapporteur on torture Manfred Nowak declared that the Obama administration has a legal and moral obligation to fully investigate credible claims of US forces' complicity in torture. Nick Clegg, the deputy Prime Minister in the UK has, in the wake of the recent revelations, also called for an investigation into the reports of mass torture disclosed in the newly released documents. Check out this extremely illuminating RT video outlining multiple horrendous crimes on the Iraqi people as US government policy. Then act!
|Political Prisoner Appeals
My personally adopted American political prisoner is Pete Hendrickson. He currently languishes in federal detention for crimes that are not crimes, for articulating the truth on federal taxation powers. Please help him financially and by getting out the word.
Help Pete Hendrickson uphold the tax law on the federal government: Please check out Pete's latest letter above then a less recent one here: "Tax Truth from the Front:
Timely clarity on income tax from Pete Hendrickson." You can branch off to other sites, but we must free Pete Hendrickson and liberate all the other political prisoners if we are to enjoy a benevolent, free society based on the Sacred Nonaggression Principle. Pete's recent News Release. Please distribute it widely among the media.
Please communicate with Pete by mail at:
Peter Hendrickson #15406-039,
P.O. Box 1000,
E. Arkona Rd.,
Milan, MI 48160
Then help with the financial end with his family going through an equal if not greater amount of stress from the federal mobsters. Please send donations to:
Peter or Doreen Hendrickson
232 Oriole Rd.
Also Bernard von Nothaus, Liberty Dollar Founder
Please write to Judge Vorhees
Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters
From Bernard von NotHaus: Now that I am simply waiting for my sentencing date, the time has come for your direct participation in the legal process that will help define your seized property, the future of the Liberty Dollar and possibly the rest of my life. Now is the time for you to speak up with a personal letter addressed to: The Honorable Richard L. Voorhees who was my trial judge and the judge who will sentence me very shortly. It is my opinion that the jury erred and the judge was fair and impartial so please address Judge Voorhees respectfully.
Please send your brief letter ASAP to:
The Honorable Richard L. Voorhees
U.S. District Judge
United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
250 Charles R. Jonas Federal Bldg.
401 West Trade Street
Charlotte NC 28202
And add: PLEASE FREE BVNH to the bottom left hand corner of your envelope.
Please click HERE to make an anonymous donation. Please note that although givv.org is set up for monthly donations, you can make a one-time donation of any amount.
Or send any donation of value, your check, money order made out to BERNARD and mailed to:
Bernard von NotHaus
527 N. Green River Road
Evansville. IN. 47715
Also write to Bernard c/o Editor@LibertyDollar.org.
Subscribe and Archive
About the Coffee Coaster
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. — Thomas Jefferson 1802
The second sentence appears to be apocryphal (though certainly true).
Please send me your letters or make comments on individual columns, articles, or reviews on the Coffee Coaster site.
Subscribe or Unsubscribe to Coffee Coaster Beaniegram
The Coffee Coaster Home Page
Archive Brian Wright Columns
Archive Guest Columns
Archive Movie Reviews
Archive Book Reviews
Links Main Page
Contact the Coffee Coaster
Coffee Coaster Blog
Most Recent Beaniegram (Newsletter) URL