One night late, the computer and all the other electronics being shut down in preparation for bed, Chance happened to take note of his cat sleeping on the chair. Of a sudden, he was taken into her ‘stillness’ or else it was absorbed into him.
Aha, he said to himself, “Eureka Bingo!” Finally. Perhaps he had found the Deep Quiet/Infinite Eternal, terms he had coined to convey the indescribable inner calm—what his favorite spiritual teacher, Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now), would call Being… or Source—available to all who wish to tame the Beast of the Insidious Head Noise.
Chance dwelt there in the quiet zone for a good five minutes then went on to bed. In the morning, because he awoke so refreshed—with an effortless inner flow of energy lasting the entire day—he decided to reverse-engineer the process.
What emerged from Chance’s practical imagination was the following shortcut cultivation method—an everyday procedure easy for anyone to perform. Regular practice brings a virtual satori, daily, yielding great energy and imagination.
The Prophet’s Original Spiritual Magic Move (the Move)
The process takes anywhere from 3-5 minutes in the midst of one’s day, 10-15 minutes before night’s sleep or before rising for the day, or 25-30 minutes for full meditation. I call it the Breathe, Center, Watch, Be, Flow (BCWBF) practice.
- Breathe deeply into your center, your diaphragm, taking five-second inhales and exhales as the norm. You may do this from any position that remains relatively motionless, and as you become more proficient, any position at all. Several sources exist that will help you learn how to breathe properly and deeply with your whole person.
- Center your ‘you’ or natural self to your body’s physical center of mass, typically just under the diaphragm. Until one reaches full consciousness, habitually one’s ‘you’ exists or moves upward in your body into ‘Mind,’ which then takes you over with compulsive inner chatter. Centering extracts ‘you’ from Mind and puts ‘you’ in charge.
- Watch from the center all your parts, especially your mind. Start with awareness of your extremities, then relax all the areas of your physical body one by one. Then watch Mind—a good technique is to ‘let Mind go’ where it will in a rapid sequence of ‘thoughts’ discharge its nervous energy. This is a key step, because it quiesces the mind.
- Be or reside in that place—the Deep Quiet or Infinite Eternal—for as long as is practical for you at the time. This place is Being itself (all of existence regarded as a unit); spiritual teachers refer to it as the Inner Body. Indeed, Chance found the Magic Move by entering the Deep Quiet through drawing in a special moment of stillness.
- Flow of energy without resistance, internally and externally, is the natural result… of the above sequence. Source and Flow. Unmanifested and Manifested. Living from the Deep Quiet lends a distinct quality of joy, ease, and lightness to one’s life. People and other living beings, likewise, feel your peace presence and are drawn to ‘you.’
Make this Magic Move a part of your daily meditative routine.
Like all shortcuts, the Move is not intended to replace your deeper spiritual cultivation practices or exercises, such as Yoga, ChiGong, Falun Dafa, and so on. Nor does it substitute for lifelong learnings along these lines to produce your own Authentic Swing… and sharing its foundations forward.
Note: The Spiritual Magic Move fell out of the writing of The Truman Prophecy, because the author was looking for an inner body complement to the psychological independence being advocated. Indeed, it became apparent that it is impossible for anyone to achieve enlightenment or the joy, ease, and lightness of full consciousness without having reached Independent-consciousness status.
Note: The author first saw the Spiritual Magic Move as ‘icing on the cake’ of the book he was writing, but now it appears ‘the Move’ may be the cake, itself. The near term plan is to publish a short book on ‘the Move,’ also to derive a ‘micro’ Spiritual Magic Move for people on the go… and, oh, by the way, a means for more and more people to achieve Independent being.
Special Note: More recently, the author-Prophet found a briefer way to apply the ‘Move’ in the middle of an active day, a process that could be completed in less than a minute and have the beneficial effect of quieting the mind, while bringing the practitioner to a fair degree of the joy, ease, and lightness available at source contact with the Deep Calm and Stillness. He calls it the Spiritual Micro Move, and is described on this page.
1,416 total views, 2 views today