Passionate call to action from leading-edge libertarian director Aaron Russo
Reviewed by Brian R. Wright
Review originally posted, April 2007. — bw
Give me control of a nation’s money and I care not who makes its laws. — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
The Constitution is just a goddam piece of paper.
— George Bush II
Today I come down to earth with commentary on Aaron Russo’s important documentary for resolving two peculiarly American precipitants of tyranny: the income tax and the Federal Reserve Act. Both of these confiscation-and-control mechanisms were set in place in the ominous year of 1913.
Note: This review was written originally in spring of 2007. Since 2003, with the publication of Peter Hendrickson’s Cracking the Code: The fascinating truth about taxation in America, steadily increasing numbers of people have come to understand that the federal income tax is NOT unconstitutional—namely, because income is very specifically defined in the statutes and code as an excise due to exercise of a federal privilege.
When I first wrote this review, neither the producer of the film nor I were aware of the ‘Hendrickson Discovery.’ Thus several of Russo’s observations about the tax while correct in spirit (if one uses the incorrect yet commonplace definition of income) are not correct in fact. Still, I have retained the wording from the original review.
[The fact is that a goodly part of the intent of those behind the 16th Amendment was to obfuscate the reality of the income tax as solely applying to payments or property rendered to an individual from the federal government. IOW, these tax advocates did want—via subterfuge and deception—the people to come to believe that their non-federal direct earnings were subject to the tax.]
Indeed, they were followed by WW1 (1914-1918), Prohibition (1920-1933), and the Great Depression (1929-1939), leading to WW2 (1939-1945), the Cold War (1945-1989), and the post-Reagan full flowering of the national-security cartel in a neverending War on Terror (1980s to No End in Sight).
Aaron starts off with an inquiry as to whether or not the income tax is legally valid, then proceeds to make some scary discoveries:
- The 16th Amendment (income tax) was not ratified by a sufficient number of states (The Law that Never Was).
- The Federal Reserve Act (FRA) was stealth-passed by Congress; it actually required a Constitutional amendment.
- It transferred the money power to a private group of banking monopolists and resulted in systematic plunder of all Americans through perpetual expansion of paper-money indebtedness. (Creature from Jekyll Island.)
- According to Supreme Court decisions following the 16th Amendment, any current nonapportioned application of the income tax, a direct tax, is unconstitutional.
- No statute exists requiring most individuals to pay a federal tax on their wages or salaries. “There is no law.”
- Some notable results of ceding the wrongful power inherent in the income tax and the FRA:
- The Patriot Act: secret police searches of your home, secret wiretaps of telephone or computer, secret investigations of your library activities, freezing of assets without notice, secret examination of your travel and medical records, secret watch lists banning you from travel, and other powers that remain secret.
- The dollar has lost 96% of its value from 1930. Wanna guess who got what you lost?
- Asset forfeiture laws are growing dramatically, particularly with the drug war. Also, eminent domain takings are increasing, primarily to enable huge land grabs for the incipient North America Union transportation system.
- Since the US went off the gold standard, nobody really knows who owns the gold in Fort Knox. Do the banks own it or do the people own it? Ask your reps.
- New radio frequency identification (RFID) technology enables implantation of RFID chips in the body. Many security-state goombas relish doing so universally without consent.
- Federal Real ID aims to compel everyone to possess a national identity card, which you must produce upon the order of authorities. “Your papers, please.”
- NAFTA, CAFTA, and the North American Union are recent developments working hand in hand with the international money orgs IMF, the WTO, and the BIS. Their stated goal is one-world government, abrogating the Constitutional sovereignty of our people.
- The IRS without legal authority conducts raids and confiscations arbitrarily using SWAT-team like tactics, literally terrorizing citizens with impunity.
- In 2005 a federal judge ruled if the IRS says it wants it, the IRS gets it. No need for any law. Wanna bet?
- Finally, electronic voting has enabled the Cartel to count the votes its way. The 2004 presidential result was most certainly electronically predetermined.
In addition to Patriot Act excesses, the CIA routinely kidnaps, imprisons, tortures, and kills any foreigner who threatens the Cartel. Why would anyone think American citizens are exempt from that? The Cartel maintains American military bases in 130 of the 190 countries of the world, yet soldiers themselves are treated as dispensable cannon fodder.
We now have the Military Commissions Act of 2006, which enables the executive authority to detain anyone without trial, without notice, indefinitely, and without writ of habeas corpus. Since the Bushoviks have taken over, literally dozens of presidential executive orders have been issued that can give the Criminal in Chief absolute power over your life.
Russo’s narration is highly effective, and he skillfully mixes in his film footage and interviews, as well as some haunting music. He deftly conveys the terror of state terror with horrifying true stories of outrages routinely committed upon peaceful, honest Americans by the IRS goons and others.
He concludes “What will you choose? Tyranny or Freedom?”
To paraphrase Gatewood Galbraith, “Our fathers did not die on the beaches of Normandy to make the world safe for Federal Reserve bankers.”
Job 1 is to repeal the FRA:
“If the American people ever allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency… the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property, until the people wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered”. — Thomas Jefferson
A grass roots movement—including massive public demonstrations, tax protests, tax strikes, and honest, lawful federal tax payment/nonpayment—will certainly get the attention of the Cartel. Indeed, such actions will defeat the Men of the Power Sickness, worldwide.
“It is well enough the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” — Henry Ford
Thanks, Henry, let’s hope so. People, it’s time to step up.
As the valiant Mr. Russo concludes, (paraphrasing) “Now that you do understand government is your servant, you need to stop living in fear of the government. Force Congress to shut down the Federal Reserve, the income tax, and the unlawful, murderous global empire these egregious acts enable.”
America: Freedom to Fascism needs to be seen by every citizen who cares about our country… and those who don’t. So long as government schools exist, every student should watch this movie and write an essay on the Bill of Rights.
A:FTF. Advantage, Freedom.
If you help us it will come.
This post has been read 1022 times!