Always in the news… until the people do come to the truth of things. Exposure of the reality behind what happened on 9/11/2001 has the greatest potential for liberating and empowering humankind. I feel this column from 2007 still has a lot to offer to those who care about life, liberty, and integrity.
In the course of discovering evidential grounds for believing in the alternative theory of what occurred on September 11, 2001, two salient characteristics of the phenomenon of “9/11 Truth (911T) ” became abundantly clear to me:
- Just how obviously, baldly, malevolently false the entire official government story is from start to finish and from almost any angle (virtually the only validated fact is airplanes took off on 9/11)
- The depth of psychological resistance by so many people, particularly educated people, to any suggestion that any part of the official story is a fundamental security-state lie and/or coverup
As members of the 9/11 truth movement—let’s define the 9/11 truth movement (911TM) as the widespread popular campaign to discover the unfettered facts about what happened on 9/11/01, to determine who was responsible for the crime, and to mete out justice to these people—we need to be aware of deep psychological resistance to looking at the evidence with an independent mind. (Let’s also point out in this context that most 911T people at this stage are not calling for committing immediate street justice on tyrants, instead rallying for an impartial citizens’ grand-jury investigation with subpoena powers.)
Leading 9/11 researcher and documentary film producer Ken Jenkins has discussed this tendency toward denial in “Overcoming People’s Psychological Resistance to 9/11 Truth,” Basically, the reasons people refuse to consider evidence for any 911 causal chain that deviates from the official conspiracy theory include the following:
- Fear of the government—the denier feels an understandable anxiety that the truth of the alternative theory would mean those in power are prepared to commit atrocities of the highest order (such as going to war on false pretenses); such men will stop at nothing to keep their power, so I’d better go along so they won’t kill me or my family.
- Evil in the government—closely related to fear of the government is the feeling that if the alternative theory is true those in power are evil beyond comprehension. Since these men, especially Americans, cannot be evil beyond comprehension, the alternative theory cannot be true.
Note, professor and writer Kevin Barrett also delves into such perfectly understandable reasons for 911T denial. He has something incisive to say regarding this issue of whether evil exists in the American government. In his book Truth Jihad:
“I started reading up on the neoconservatives, and was horrified and nauseated by what I found. Cult followers of a demented philosopher-guru named Leo Strauss, the neocons advocated what amounted to a mentocracy—government by systematic lying….
“The worst part was that the neocons were now in control of the federal government. Led by Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Douglas Fieth, Scooter Libby, and Karl Rove, the neocon extremists Colin Powell called “the f**king crazies” had infiltrated and taken control of two key centers of power: the civilian bureaucracy at the Pentagon and the Vice President’s office….
“The neocons are psychotic mass murderers in love with war, the most basic and pervasive form of mass murder. One of them, Michael Ledeen approvingly cites Machiavelli: ‘A prince must have no other objectives or other thoughts or take anything for his craft, except war.’ But how to provoke war, when most people desire peace? Ledeen explains, ‘In order to achieve the most noble accomplishments, the leader may have to ‘enter into evil.'” — Page 78,79
- Belief in inherent American-government virtue—I’ve spoken to many individuals who are so thoroughly convinced America is always right, that American government officials have never lied much less ever committed atrocities. “My country right or wrong, but it’s always right and never wrong.” No doubt some German citizens near the concentration camps in WW2 were also so thoroughly enamored of their country to be convinced the authorities “were only burning leaves.”
- An emotional investment in political conviction—Some believers in the government story will tell you, “Even if what you say is true, I won’t believe it.” Psychologically this means the denier of truth places his feelings above his thinking, no matter how much evidence is adduced. This is a form of “the previous investment trap.”
- Reluctance to admit one’s own error or ignorance, especially of such large dimension—When I was first being exposed to 911T ideas in 2004, I watched a simple DVD “Where’s the Plane?“. The documentary, which for some reason I can’t seem to find on the Web now, basically asked me to find evidence that a 757 struck the Pentagon. It was a staggering thought that I could have been fooled so easily by the government media; I resisted but ultimately succumbed to the flagrant reality (i.e. no 757 struck the Pentagon). Many people would not let go of so obvious a mistake, because it is so obvious.
- Unwillingness to challenge common knowledge—Social metaphysics, the notion that your reality is what your significant others say it is, plays a big role in many people’s lives. It’s tough for many of us to disagree with what so many of our peers or family believe is true. Fortunately, the number of people worldwide who believe the alternative theory is probably well over 50%.
In May of 2006, a Zogby International poll showed that 42% of Americans were more likely agree with people who believe that “the US government and its 9/11 Commission concealed or refused to investigate critical evidence that contradicts their official explanation of the September 11th attacks, saying there has been a cover-up.”
Well, that’s all of Dan Jenkins’ list I can remember, but if you get the chance, please check out his DVD. Another point Mr. Jenkins makes, more or less in passing, is we have to look at this discovery of the truth behind 9/11 as a consciousness-liberating experience, a release from a fundamental long-playing way of governance based on lies, war, and war profiteering. Just as the Holocaust and the allies bringing (some of) the Nazi leadership to justice impelled (we hope) the broad mass of Germans to purge themselves of brutal dictators, exclaiming “Never Again!”, so, too, bringing our pathological power elites to justice will set up a whole new humanitarian system of free minds and free markets.
My feeling is 911 Truth will become probably the largest component of a worldwide Shaka Buku that’s already near completion. I have this sixth sense that the Ron Paul phenomenon—all about restoring the republic and individual liberty—, the movement toward sustainable abundant living, legalization of hemp and decriminalization of marijuana, the antiwar movement, the voluntary community and commodity money movement, the decentralization movement e.g. the Free State Project, a general spiritual renaissance, and so many other citizen-empowerment strategies are coalescing on the world stage. But of these, the dawning realization of the pathocracy’s role in 9/11, the Crime of the Millennium, will catapult our species into a whole new level of awareness.
Note: I haven’t gone into the specifics of 911T in this column, but for those of you who want to pursue it, the works reviewed in my footnotes are a fine place to start. I believe if you “keep a 30% open mind” you will become convinced.
We are an irresistible force. As Thomas Jefferson said, it’s time to throw out these central-government pathocrats and their sick pals… and start over on established principles that will “secure our safety and happiness.” Or much more eloquent words, and actions, to that effect.
- Truth Jihad: My epic struggle against the 9/11 big lie, Dr. Kevin Barrett
- New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing questions, Dr. David Ray Griffin
- 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions/Distortions, Dr. David Ray Griffin
- Improbable Collapse: Puzzling collapse of WTC 1, 2, 7, Dr. Stephen Jones
- Debunking 9/11 Debunking: Answer to Popular Mechanics and other defenders of the official conspiracy theory, Dr. David Ray Griffin
 Per Debbie (Minnie Driver) to Martin (John Cusack) in Grosse Pointe Blank, shaka buku(sp?) is “a swift, spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality forever.”
This post has been read 1207 times!