Fellowship for the Liberation of our World
by Brian Wright
Taking this opportunity to plug my new ‘religion’ and ‘church.’ It’s all in a special three-fold brochure entitled FLOW, which can be accessed as a PDF file at this location. I’m presenting at the 2011 Free State Project Porcfest in Lancaster, New Hampshire, on June 24. The title of my presentation there is Liberty as a Spiritual Practice: Practical Lessons and Urgent Opportunities of the Sacred Nonaggression Principle (SNaP). I’m taking this opportunity to make it my June 20 column, then I’ll probably be taking a Coffee Coaster vacation until after the festival.
The following seven points state the fundamental doctrine of the belief system or ‘religion’ of Beism:
- That Being-’all that exists,’ the universe, everything considered as one-is absolute and eternal. It is the Source or foundation-beyond mental labels-of all reality, of all lives, and of all values.
- That as human persons, we exist possessing consciousness, our means of a) apprehending what exists and satisfying the requirements of our material lives and b) having union with Being.
- That our consciousnesses authorize, embrace, and enhance the use of natural reason to determine the truth of things and to solve the problems of material existence and achieve our fulfillment in the physical world.
- That our consciousnesses embrace, draw in, and release the creative life-energy of the Source in coordination with natural reason to experience our wealth and abundance in ways that lead to true joy, peace, and spiritual fulfillment.
- That we abandon all systems of aggression in society, withdraw our consent from coercive governments and their instruments, practicing strict noncooperation with such alien forces.
- That we oppose all systems of belief that hold at their base the violation of our rational informed consent by means of superstition, blind faith, and manipulation of primal psychology.
- That we provide for our lives with honest effort to achieve material well being; we believe in joy, happiness, love, passion, progress, and prosperity. realizing inner peace all our days.
These ideas form the foundation of belief for a new ‘fellowship for the liberation of the world’ (FLOW), aka the ‘Church’ of Being (churchofbeing.org).
The basic metaphysical understanding of Beism:
“There is an eternal, ever-present One Life beyond the myriad forms of life that are subject to birth and death. Many people use the word God to describe it: We call it Being. The word Being explains nothing. nor does God. Being, however, has the advantage that it is an open concept. It does not reduce the infinite invisible to a finite entity. It is impossible to form a mental image of it. Nobody can claim exclusive possession of Being. It is your very presence, and it is immediately accessible to you as the feeling of your own presence. So it is only a small step from the word Being to the experience of Being.” – Eckhart Tolle
From the above observation of the core idea and a simple reference to the nonaggression principle, we can develop an ethical statement for realizing Being …
The basic mission of a Beist is to realize enlightenment: one’s own. Not to save the world. Again from Tolle:
All evils are the effect of unconsciousness. True change happens within, not without. If you feel called upon to alleviate the suffering [esp. caused by aggression] in the world, that is a very noble thing to do, but remember not to focus exclusively on the outer; otherwise, you will encounter frustration and despair. Without a profound change in human consciousness, the world’s suffering is a bottomless pit. Empathy… needs to be balanced with a deeper realization of the eternal nature of [your] Being. Let your peace flow into whatever you do …
Yet a key part of realizing enlightenment is to have the freedom in the world to live according to one’s chosen philosophy/beliefs however one may characterize them.
The End of Coercive Government
As we have learned from the SNaP books (deaggress.org), the threat to humanity lies in the exercise of aggression through coercive government, esp. in Western society today from the small minority of the Men of the Power Sickness, aka the Borg. . which provides a range of social services for the sovereign individual to enable liberation at all levels. Visit cosmoliberty.org for info. Voluntary government is key; below is a starter sample of alternative ID services.
Walk the Principle Brian Wright’s watershed book The Sacred Nonaggression Principle (deaggress.org) leads to the discovery of the Barrier Cloud and the urgent survival need for spiritual enlightenment:
- The Kindergarten Rules
- Nonaggression 101
- Nonaggression Roots
- The Barrier Cloud
- Breakthru Strategy
- Productive Action
- Nonaggression Faith